Getting Traffic to a Website
By Matt Bacak
When you build a website, getting traffic to your website is the only way you will get value out of it. You need visitors to come and consume your content. If this is not happening, your site would be as good as non-existent.
You won’t only need traffic to your site; you will need targeted traffic to your site. This is normally a big headache to online entrepreneurs. If you have ever found yourself in such a situation, these foolproof tips will be invaluable to your website.
The search engines are a good source of free traffic. Organize your site with the following tips to benefit easily.
1. The title of your page ought to have around 60 characters. It should also have a keyword.
2. Make sure that your content has H1, H2, H3 tags in the content. This will help robots easily read your site and improve indexing.
3. Are you using keyword Meta tags in your content? They make your content relevant to search engines. This improves indexing.
4. Do not wait for search engines to pick your site for indexing; it will take quite some time. Submit your site manually to search engines.
5. Optimize your site for the search engines. Visit their information sites to learn how to improve your site.
Apart from SEO, there are other techniques that are crucial in getting traffic to a website. Let’s take a look at them.
6. Build your trust online. Post high quality content that people can find invaluable and refer to.
7. Carry out contests on your website. Invite people to participate and award winners at the end of the process.
8. Do you give freebies on your website? Offer one of high value once in a while and you will be glad you did.
9. Write articles for your website as well as other article directories. It will improve your sources of free traffic.
10. How often do you use forums? Forums are a good place of building brand. Participate as a professional and you will like it.
11. Print your website URL on all your branding materials: business cards, flyers, posters, t-shirts, etc.
12. Recommend your site to the local population.
13. LinkedIn is a good social network for professionals. Participate in niche discussions and offer solutions to others.
14. Create a squeeze page to help you build a mailing list. Mailing lists are the biggest source of online value at the least cost.
15. When your website grows, create a “What’s New Page”. It attracts lots of traffic.
16. Social media is unavoidable in today’s online interactions you cannot also ignore it in marketing. Leverage its power and you will be happy.
17. Invite guest bloggers to post on your site. Their followers will come to read their posts and might find your site interesting as well.
Download from Calameo – Click Here Download from Scribd – Click Here