How to get booked on radio and TV:
1. You have to create a 60 second pitch. This is also known as an elevator pitch. You have to be able to talk about your website and product all in 60 seconds. You need to practice this pitch. Producers are very busy so you have to get their attention right away.
2. Assemble a press kit. The press kit should contain:
– Articles about you or that relate to your product or niche.
– Questions: These are the questions that the interviewer can ask you. It makes their job much easier and they are more likely to book you if you provide these.
– Testimonials: Have testimonials from other radio and television hosts on how great you are. The testimonials should only be from other media people, not your customers.
– Professional photos of you.
– Press Release
Tip: You should also have an online version of this press kit on your website. You never know when the media will need your services. They will be able to find your online press kit on your website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tip: Have a specific “Media” link on your website to make it easy for media contacts to contact you.
Tip: If you don’t have the time or the skills then you can outsource the writing of these materials to PR companies and freelancers.
How to write a pitch:
Think about your customer. Write a sales letter to your customer.
Tip: Send an email to the media contact first. They most likely won’t respond to the email. Then get on the phone and ask them if they received your email. At that point they will want you to tell them about the topic of the email. This is the time to give your 60 second pitch.
Tip: Faxes may work better at contacting media contacts at a radio station.
P.S. If you haven’t signed up for myPowerful Promoting Tips yet, then youare really missing out, go here:
P.P.S. Do you want to be updated on the new things I’m doingto market my companies? Then you need to grab a copy of my`Internet Marketing Dirt’. It’s now better than ever before!
Go here and get a copy: www.internetmarketingdirt.com