The Secret of Succeeding With Email Marketing
By Matt Bacak
Email marketing is a valuable tool utilized by internet marketers everywhere. If you’re just starting out with email marketing, here are some tips to help you along the way.
1. First, know your purpose. Why are you sending out emails? Is it to get sales, generate leads, build relationships or increase traffic to your website? If you don’t have a goal, you’re doomed to fail. When you know the goals you are trying to achieve, you have the necessary information to construct your emails to get the desired results.
2. Create interest. Get your subscribers excited about what you’re offering. This is especially important if you’re trying to get sales, generate leads or increase traffic to a website. Boring emails get deleted.
3. Send to the right audience. If you send emails targeted to a specific group of people, you’ll get results. Know your audience and email them things they care about. For example, don’t send emails about lipstick to men, send it to women!
4. Always answer this question – what’s in it for me? People won’t care about your emails unless you tell them why they should. What is so great about what you’re sending them? What can your product or information do for them? These are questions that you need to answer.
5. K.I.S.S. or Keep It Simple Stupid. Don’t overwhelm your subscribers with lengthy emails. A lengthy email may never get read because people just don’t have the time. Keep your emails short, sweet and to the point.
6. Don’t go over 40-60 characters in width. When your email goes over that amount of characters, it will sometimes cause that scrolling bar at the bottom of the page. People don’t want to have to waste time scrolling over to read the rest of your email. People like to read from top to bottom, not across.
7. Call to action. Always, always, always include a call to action whether it’s clicking on a link or buying a product.
8. Send out your emails in HTML and Plain Text. This is so very important because some email providers don’t allow HTML emails. Imagine putting all that work into sending out an email that someone couldn’t read.
9. Include an unsubscribe link. Don’t forget this! Don’t just forget to include it but make it easy to use. The last thing you want is for people to check your email as spam because they can’t find or use the unsubscribe link.
10. Test it out. Test out your email before sending it to your entire email list. You want to make sure you didn’t make any errors. If you have links in your email, test those.
11. Consider using an autoresponder if you aren’t already. Autoresponders make email marketing very easy. You can set up emails to be sent out at a certain time every day, every other day or every week. There are a lot of options to choose from that make sending out emails a breeze. If you aren’t already utilizing autoresponder, I strongly urge you to sign up for one today.
12. Remove bad email addresses. When you get notification that an email address is no longer active, update your list. Don’t waste your time sending to people who aren’t getting your emails.
13. Send often. Once you’ve compiled your email list, send often to ensure that your subscribers don’t forget you. How often you send is up to you but you want to stay fresh in their minds so keep that in mind when planning.
Don’t let yourself get forgotten.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Matt_Bacak
Download from Calameo – Click Here Download from Scribd – Click Here Download from Docstoc – Click Here