23 Breakthrough Tips
on Articles For Marketing
By: Dave Wilson
Articles for marketing are different from other articles. They are easy to write but very tricky as well. When I started internet marketing I thought I email@example.com find it easy, I was wrong.
What is article marketing? I asked myself this question and collected all the answers I could. It looked easy at a glance until I got into the process. Everybody with a website writes and all authority sites do as well. Article marketing wasn’t therefore easy on my side. I had to learn how to write articles for marketing and it saved me a big deal. I thought I should help others as well and share what I’ve learnt. Here they are:
- Identify your audience. Marketing has a target audience and so do the articles.
- Have a catchy title. It must grab your audience. Otherwise they won’t read it.
- Keep the title reasonable. Not too long, just enough to grab attention.
- Put the reader’s benefits in the tittle. They’ll look for this when they start reading.
- Information! Information! Information! Articles for marketing must have quality information.
- Write professionally, write about what you really know and watch your tone.
- People love controversy. Write on controversial issues if you can.
- Keep your paragraphs short. Many people just skim through articles and don’t take time to read. You must therefore give them a layout they can skim over and pick what they are seeking.
- Make your points direct and quick. This converts in most of the articles for marketing I have come across.
- Adjust your information to suit your target audience. Communication is paramount.
- Use bullets and numbers to highlight your most important points, like I am.
- Use humour in your articles for marketing. It helps loosen up your audience and get into their minds.
- Be yourself and write from your heart. Do not think so much about how to write a sentence. BE REAL.
- Be very honest with information. Articles for marketing are for the public and anything you write can be vetted. You must therefore exhibit honesty in your views.
- Personify issues and views. Readers read your content to know what you stand for. Great articles for marketing should therefore have personal views.
- Offer an incentive in your articles for marketing. This helps you collect contacts from readers.
- Allow other publishers to use your articles but maintain the links to your site or resource box.
- Conclude your articles with a powerful message. This is what will lead them to taking the next action.
- Instruct your readers to take a specific action. Use words like “Click here” instead of “you may click here…” You are in control of your content.
- Check the flow of your content and ensure that it flows well.
- Optimize your resource box to inform your readers who you are and what you do.
- Before you submit, read through your articles for marketing until you feel they are just right for their purpose.
- Read great articles in your niche and learn from the experts.