19 Easy Tips on Selling Products Online
By: Matt Bacak
I found selling products online not as easy as I initially thought. This was a few years ago. Like most of you, I was easily swayed into buying products that promised to make me a millionaire. Like everyone else I lost money buying crap.
In my bitterness, I couldn’t help wondering how people sold products online and made millions yet I struggled just to make a single sale. I took an honest study and followed my mentors’ lessons. I haven’t been so serious with selling products online but still make impressive sales. It is very hard but some of the tips available make selling a product online so easy.
Below are 19 tips that I have used over the years:
- If you have multiple products to sell, put each product on its own page.
- Prepare a distinct description of each product that you are selling. Do not copy-paste from any source.
- Use reviews on your sales page. They are unique and make selling products online easier.
- In case you have an array of products, use a shopping cart system. A simple one will do the job.
- A few weeks after a purchase, maybe 3 or 4, email your buyer and request them to leave a review of what they bought.
- Provide incentives to the buyers to leave reviews on your website. The incentive can go to the best reviews. This always works since every time am selling products online.
- Use website analytics tools to monitor how visitors interact with your site. Monitor the clicks and make changes where necessary.
- When selling products online, use videos as well. They have a high conversion rates as most people are not ready to read through articles.
- In case the products you are selling online run out. Communicate to your buyers and inform them when they are available.
- One thing you cannot afford to have when selling products online is have a slow website. Ensure that your website loads fast.
- Monitor the searches related to your products and adjust your site to suite them.
- Make a blog to talk about your products, offers and exciting information that your visitors would like.
- Always offer money back guarantee.
- Let people know who they are buying from. Leave your contacts on the page footer or header.
- Look out for what people are saying on the social networks. Are they complaining or praising your products. Reacting to these will affect how you are selling products online.
- Test your pages to see which types convert best. Google website optimizer does this quite well.
- Social media advertising has become quite vital to selling products online. Use them to drive traffic and make your products viral.
- If you have too much information about a product, simply break it down under headings.
- Ensure that all the links and payment methods on your site are working. Otherwise you will lose sales.